Most people fear losing their sight. Sight loss is a life changing event not only for the person it affects, but also their immediate family and companions.
Our aims are to:
- Help people look after their eye sight by raising awareness & providing information so that they can make informed choices about their lifestyle and prevent avoidable sight loss.
- Enable people with sight loss and their families & companions maintain their independence, grow in confidence, be less isolated and live more healthy and fulfilling lives within their communities, by helping them to access information, specialist equipment and social activities.
Joining in and being a part of the North East Project is available to anyone with a visual impairment (and their family / companion) living in the North East of Derbyshire.
You, or someone you know could be:
- Recently diagnosed with sight loss
- Needing support with information and specialist equipment,
- Or wanting more information on eye health matters
We have existing Groups in Chesterfield, Bolsover and South Normanton. We are looking to develop groups and activities across North East Derbyshire.
Activities could include outings, a wide range of activities, Social group meetings and Peer Support which can help with confidence building, being with others & being part of the local community.
“I was able to get lots of useful equipment and information through the Low Vision Scheme; now I’m up and running with my white stick and even had TV specs so I can watch the match from my favourite armchair!”
“I attend groups regularly. They have given me the confidence to get out; they pick me up and give me something to look forward to. Before this I was just sitting in a chair fading away”
If you would like to find out how you can get further information, join in and meet others….
Or…. Play a part in making the project a success by supporting us as a volunteer.
We look forward to hearing from you.